So, I definitely got pranked. And hilarity ensued. Just to clarify a few things that people have been asking:
1) I had no idea I was getting pranked. None of the Fan Cavers were in on it, just the video production staff, the MLB FanCave staff, and Jay Bruce.
2) I wasn't scared at first because I knew that I didn't knock the table over on my own. I didn't know that they had a rope tied to the legs and they yanked it on me, but I knew it wasn't completely my fault. So I thought it was just adding chaos to a skit where we were trying to be frantic and generate chaos.
3) I think me running away is one of the best parts of the video. However, I definitely wasn't running away from Jay Bruce out of fear. I was going back to the line to let the next person come forward, adding to the what I thought was the chaos.
4) My favorite part, when I introduced myself to Jay Bruce by saying, "Jay, Jay. Jay, Jay." didn't make the final cut. There were other parts of the conversation that were also edited out. Oh well! Web video has to be short. I get it.
5) I did start to get nervous as Jay Bruce questioned me about how much it was worth. He definitely did a pretty convincing acting job. I knew it wasn't really my fault, but the more pissed he acted, the more defensive I was starting to get. I could also tell by the ping the bat made when it hit the ground that it was definitely not solid silver.
6) My questions was: "What is your favorite city to eat in during road trips?" His answer, after all the chaos, was Chicago. Can't blame him much there. Nola has no MLB team!
Let me know if I missed anything. I won't get the verdict from MLB until Monday, March 11th, so wish me luck in the meantime. I did get a pretty ringing endorsement from Harold Reynolds and the MLB HotStove crew on MLB Network as well. That was pretty cool!