UPDATE: I was selected as one of the top 25 entries, so I'll get to compete in the challenge! Stay tuned to see what I come up with!
The Foodie BlogRoll has presented a challenge that struck me at my core. Partnering with Marx Foods, a company dedicated to providing premium restaurant supply food products that now sells straight to the public as well, they have given 25 bloggers the opportunity to create a custom dish with superb products. I can only hope to be one of the chosen 25! To enter, I have to respond to these five questions, so let's get after it.
- Why do you want to compete in this challenge?
|Jay with some Louisiana boiled shrimp|
- Limitations of time/space notwithstanding, whose kitchen would you like to spend the day in & why? Julia Child, Thomas Keller, Ferran Adria, James Beard, Marie-Antoine Careme, or The Swedish Chef?
Justin Wilson. Justin is in many ways the father of celebrity Cajun chefs. He was an ambassador for Louisiana food for over 60 years contributing cook books, recipes, public television shows, songs, jokes, stories, and more. Sadly, Justin, who was born in 1914, passed away in 2001. If I could spend a day with him in his kitchen, I have no doubt that it would be a great time and that I'd learn a tremendous amount about Cajun cooking, "I garontee"!
- What morsel are you most likely to swipe from family & friends’ plates when they aren’t looking?
- Sum your childhood up in one meal.
|Granny's pecan rolls|
- The one mainstream food you can’t stand?
There! I've done it. Now I just hope that I'll be selected by the Foodie BlogRoll and Marx Foods as one of the 25 contestants! Wish me luck!